Consider How These STATISTICS Can Impact Your Business Or Association
GLOBAL OUTSOURCING :
- Currently 4% of companies outsource the entire international assignment program, and 62% outsource these programs in part.
- Only 24% do not utilize outsourcing at all.
- Nearly two-thirds of respondents (64%) indicate that the chief benefit of outsourcing is upgraded service quality.
- Thirty-nine percent (39%) cite reduced head count as the chief benefit, followed by an improved ability to respond to unexpected situations (38%), and reduced costs and increase in ROI (34%).
- Outside consultants most frequently provide home finding services (71%), cross-cultural preparation (64%), settling-in services (53%), spouse support services (27%), and repatriation services (24%).
- 69% of companies provide cross-cultural preparation, and 50% of companies have two-day programs.
- The participation rate in cross-cultural programs is 67%, and 30% of companies have mandatory programs. 22% of companies use CD or web-based alternatives.
- 90% believe that outsourced programs meet or exceed expectations.
- Most companies (69%) provide cross-cultural preparation of at least one day's duration - up from 57% in the 2000 survey and compared to a historical average of 62%. Forty-four percent (44%) provide training for the entire family, 21% for expatriate and spouse, and 4% for expatriates alone. In addition, 50% of these cross-cultural programs extend to two days, and they are most commonly offered as a pre-departure service.
- When cross-cultural preparation is available, 67% of expatriates participate. When asked if cross-cultural preparation is mandated for all employees going on international assignments, only 30% responded "yes," compared to 41% in the 2000 survey. When asked to rate the value of cross-cultural preparation in terms of expatriate success, 80% of companies report that it has great or high value compared to a historical average of 84%. Only 2% indicate that it has little or no value.
THE IMPACT OF CUSTOMER (NO) SERVICE:
- Low service companies lose 2% market share per year.
- Companies rated high in service gain 6% market share per year.
- 68% of customers leave due to poor treatment by employees, 14% for product reasons.
- It costs five times more to attract a new customer than retain one.
- The average value of customer is 10 times price of single purchase.
- 91% of unhappy customers never come back
- 96% of dissatisfied customers don’t complain.
- Dissatisfied customers tell 8 to 16 others about the experience.
If satisfied on the spot, 95% will stay with you.
If satisfied later, 70% will stay with you.
- Companies spend 95% of time fixing complaints, 5% preventing them.
- It takes 12 positive experiences to overcome one negative experience.
- At most 25% of employees work to increase customer satisfaction.
- Point: Service attitudes and skills is critical to competitive success.
BENEFITS OF DELIGHTING CUSTOMERS:
- Create a competitive advantage by delighting customers.
- Greatly improve customer satisfaction.
- Create a customer-focused organization
- Increase sales and revenue by preventing loss of customers, increase cross-selling
- Motivate and reward outstanding service.
THE PROPOSAL: IMPLEMENT DELIGHTING CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS SYSTEM
- One day skill-building sessions
- Managers also receive Manager Toolkit
- Follow-up and Reinforcement Toolkit
- GEM Employee Recognition System